Emerge & Lead is a leadership development program designed to enhance the leadership skills of individuals that work or volunteer for nonprofit organizations in Kansas.
This 5-month program provides unique learning opportunities for building leadership skills and addressing challenges within nonprofit organizations.
Nominations for the 2021 Class of Emerge & Lead are open!
Ideal participants for this program should:
- Show substantive history of involvement in the nonprofit sector through employment, volunteerism, or board service
- Be willing to commit to, and attend, all sessions of the 5-month program with support from supervisor/organization
- Demonstrate the initiative to becoming a high-performing leader with a commitment to the Kansas nonprofit sector
- Be energized by addressing challenges, constructive feedback, and being open to trying new approaches in their work,
- Not afraid to ask questions, challenge yourself, and enrich the learning experience of peers
- Have an interest in being part of an ongoing alumni network.
Program Components include:
- Participation in Kansas Leadership Center's "Your Leadership Edge" Conference
- Leadership Training & Coaching
- Board Governance
- Managing Self & Taking Risks
- Peer Coaching
- Strategic Planning & Visioning
April 10, 2020: Nominations due
April 17, 2020: Applications due
May 1, 2020: Applicants selected
May 11, 2020: Notification of acceptance
July 31, 2020 through December 11, 2020: Emerge & Lead Sessions
Sessions will be held from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm but will also include participation in Kansas Leadership Center "Your Leadership Edge" 2-day conference in August.
Kansas Nonprofit Chamber Members $450 Non-Members $650
Scholarships Available. The class is limited to 30 participants.
First Row: Crystal Sheffield, Human Resources Coordinator, Rainbows United; Robyn Davis, Foundation Coordinator, Wesley Children’s Foundation; Janet Federico, CEO, Thrive ICT; Natalie Rolfe, Executive Director, Down Syndrome Society of Wichita; Madeline Akers, Board President, Wichita Fellowship Club
Middle Row: Becca Boldra, Executive Director, Wichita Police Foundation; Nancy Estep, Director, Project Laundry; Christy Thomas, Executive Director, Girls on the Run Heart of Kansas; Jennifer Brown, Development Manager, Envision; Jamie Gideon, Director of Public Policy, Alzheimer’s Association; Brianna Baskerville, COO, Wichita’s Littlest Heroes; Olivia Vest, VISTA Leader, Community Engagement Institute; Benita Chaplin, President/CEO, The Touch Closet; Sandy Free, Executive Director, Teach Out of Poverty; Taryn Zweygardt, Community Liaison Coordinator, Healthy Babies; Christine Brisco, Executive Director, Koinonia Senior Care; Nancy Trier-Metzger, Executive Director, Camp Allegro Wichita; Kevin Jenks, General Manager, National Baseball Congress; Mike Cook, House Manager, Wichita Fellowship Club
Back Row: Alan Smith, Director of Clinical Services, EmberHope Youthville; Kyle Ellison, Executive Director, Real Men Real Heroes; Dawn Roberts, Administrative Assistant, Koinonia Senior Care; Thea Chimilio, Member Engagement Coordinator, Nonprofit Chamber of Service; Marquetta Atkins, Founder/President, Camp Destination Innovation; Amanda Hale, Executive Director, Freedom Hooves Therapeutic Riding Center; Jennifer Campbell, Director of Marketing, Via Christi HOPE; Stuart Ray, Board Member, Starkey; Brian Voth, VP of Data Services, EmberHope Youthville; Kaci Conger, Kansas Certified Peer Mentor, Higher Ground; Brett Denison, Club Manager, Wichita Fellowship Club.